Friday, August 31, 2012

Crinolines & Proms


Last weekend at a Local Estate along with some
of my other purchases I also
scored these wonderful
8x10 B&W Photographs

"A Senior Prom"


I love the way all the girls are dressed in long flowing
dresses and the boys look pretty
dapper themselves in their white jackets!

Lots and lots of tulle~


Now this photo is funny
each girl is caring a balloon
not sure why have any ideas on that?
Some kind of game perhaps?


The tables with the glass tall neck soda bottles!
The back of this photo reads

"Holy Cross Gym nite of Senior Prom"



I know a lot of us girls in
Blogland have a love affair with 
 these Dresses, and are just waiting
for that day to score one.

I found one at a Thrift Shop in Utah
a couple years back!



Check out the Box camera on these kids table!


And this last photo I'm not
sure what's going on but again
each girl is wearing
a gorgeous tulle dress..


I think I paid a dollar a photo
not bad for a bit of History~

Happy Treasure Hunting...

12 comments:

Curtains in My Tree said...


That really brings back school memories, I went to high school in the 1960's a boy ask me to Junior prom and I got a dress and was so bashful I backed out , Now girl I would tear up the floor dancing in my tulle dress LOL

a pink one

I was so immature and guess I had never been off the farm enough to socialize

My Vintage Mending said...

You are very lucky to have found that dress. They are so beautiful. I have a darling picture of my dad dressed up like a pauper similar to the last photo....smiles...Renee.

Stampin D Amour said...

WOW! Love the old photos! xo

-pamela ;)

Creative Wings Boutique said...

I Adore those photos... and the dresses. wish i had some..hugs

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Fun photos! I have old photos of my mother and mother-in-law wearing dresses like the ones above. I just bought a vintage street length dress with a crinoline today. And it fits my dressmakers form perfectly!

Tammy's in Love said...

They look like they should pose by my 57 Chevy!

craftyles said...

THose photos are really great. Doesn't that look like fun. The dress you found is beautiful. I wish I had room to have one on a mannequin. Happy weekend!

JunkStuffTreasures said...

What spectacular dresses! Sad to think that someone lost/gave up these photos- glad that you saved them.

vintage grey said...

Love the photos!! Such a neat time! xo Heather

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Great post

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

The last photo looks a lot like Rainbow Girls to me, but I could be wrong.

Celestial Charms said...

Such wonderful photographs!
Maureen