Friday, August 24, 2012

Vintage Birthday Inspiration

I was thinking just what inspires me
to create these whimsical things
with a Vintage Twist~


I did grow up in the 60's
and had my fair share of
Birthday Parties


Pretty little ballerinas danced
on top of Birthday Cakes...


Brightly colored plastic candle holders
by the zillions...


Charming die-cut greeting cards
fill my childhood scrapbook
Ones that rocked back and forth no doubt!


Sweet party favor cups at
each child's place setting


Colorful Paper table cloths and paper napkins
never heard of plastic table clothes..


Whimsical Animals wishing us
a Very Happy Birthday!
Sometimes with a dollar bill tucked inside


Oh and parties for our dollies!


There was even Paper Dolls with Parties!


So you see the whimsical & colorful
memories from my past 
all play a very big roll in who
and what I create~


What makes you tick?

10 comments:

Creative Wings Boutique said...

Millinery hats just makes my heart skip a beat.... can never pass one up...hugs

Tammy's in Love said...

Candle holders by the zillions!? I think I have a Community Chest "Share the Wealth" card that I'd like to play now! Cute stuff, who wouldn't want to party with those fun colors!

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Your colorful plastic candleholders and party favor baskets make me smile. I know what you mean about the paper tablecloths too...so pretty and no,no plastic.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Such adorable stuff--I love it all!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

The colors in that table cloth is what's making me tick! :)

Sweet Vintage Home and Garden said...

I love the trip down memory lane:) I love the paper dolls one of my favorite items when I was a little girl:) thanks xoxo

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love anything whimsical....doesn't matter what it is!!!

Super cute pics!!!

LuLu~*xoxo

Nan said...

I remember those colorful paper table cloths. I love the little girls you are making and those sweet Ginny dolls too cute love them!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love it ALL! Such fun memories for you.
Warmly,
deb

Elyse said...

hi sweetie!

landed happily here doing a vintage greetings search on pinterest! always a swoon-fest over here.

xo
elyse