Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Saturdayfind Paper Dolls

Well like I promised here are some
of the Paper Dolls
from the Thrift Shop last weekend


Each one with their own
clothes tucked in a ziplock bag


Now if you remember the sale of
that day anything brown 1/2 price!


And of course there was something
in each bag with the color brown!


I was so tickled to have found
these paper treasures...
So darn cute each with their name
hand written on the back
we have, Nancy, Janie and Susie


And a "Shopping Alert"

If you live anywhere near a Michaels Crafts
be sure to look for these!!

Wireless Chenille Pipe Cleaners
Marked down to 49 cents
Now you can't go wrong picking up a few!


And they are so plush, I wasn't sure
what I was going to use them for
but I just knew once I had them
on hand I'd figure out something...


I added the pink chenille to the rim of my
Vintage Poker Chip on this
Birthday Kitty
Gives it a little something extra!


I did get one more bag of Paper Dolls
I'll share those on your next visit

It's been a busy week so far, kinda
counting down to the weekend.. 
And I have a Birthday coming up next Thursday...
trying to think of how I want to spend my Day...
Maybe a Day of Antique & Thrift Shopping
in Ventura and then fish and chips
at the pier...


until then I want to sneak some crafting 
in these next couple of evenings.. 
that always relaxes me.
How about you?
ox,

14 comments:

Penny Phillips said...

Your paper dolls are so cute, I love them!! Hugs, Penny

acorn hollow said...

I love paper dolls good buy
Happy Birthday a bit early.
Cathy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh you know I love paper dolls, and it looks like the Birthday kitten is going to help us tell you Happy Birthday. Great finds and adorable kitten!!!

Carol

Leann said...

Diane - they are adorable! and thanks for the tip on the pipe cleaners. I'm headed to Michael's on Monday to pick up a few things for Halloween.

enjoy your evening!
Leann

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

What a score on the Paper Dolls! I've got to find some one of these days. I love the trim from Michaels! I think we are going to see more and more vintage inspired craft items. Did you see the cream colored bottle brush trees there? Now everyone won't have to bleach, then dye them this year!
Hope you're having a great week :)
Erica

vivian said...

I wish I had all the paperdolls I had when I was a kid. I collected them for years. I can see you scanning and using those sweet faces on your little posy girl creations.
and I will be looking for that chenille at Michaels for sure!
have a great day!
xoxo

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh yes, the sales at Michael's are great right now!

I love your paper dolls!

I tend to craft in the early morning as the sun is coming in the window. :)

I know you will make fun plans for your birthday! ♥

Theresa said...

Love paper dolls! They remind me of when I was a little girl:) Happy, simple memories! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

craftyles said...

Diane, I absolutely love those paper dolls. What a wonderful find at the thrift store. I've never seen cute vintage paper dolls there. Now I'll have to keep looking, hoping to find a set.

Creative Wings Boutique said...

Diane you find the most amazing things.

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Cute, cute paper dolls Diane! Love the chenile! I have to go and get some for my "birthday doll" from you, and put it on there too!

Hugs,
Debbie

My Vintage Mending said...

Has to be one of the best thrift finds in a while. Darling and so very Diane. Happy early Birthday...have a wonderful time shopping and crafting...smiles..Renee

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Remembering our old paper doll days...great memories!

jeanetteann said...

your paper dolls are so lovely,reminds me of my childhood. Love the way you make the birthday dolls too.xx