Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pink Saturday Find

Todays Saturdayfinds


With gas prices going up the roof
my plans to hit a couple of
Estate Sales changed pretty quickly..


Instead I hit a few local Garage Sales
And in fact I got out a little later
then my usual 7:00 out the door time.


I picked up a few different little treasures
a bag of Vintage Christmas for $2 
a pretty Madonna Figurine $3
Not much to write home about...

But the sale where I found the Vintage Christmas
this 35" doll stood out. Of course she was wearing
a pitiful striped outfit which hit the trash
as soon has I got home...
and she needed a little wash...


And yet the very very cool thing about 
"Miss Patty Play Pal"
was that the ladies at the sale said 
"please just take her she's free"

"You can put her in the back seat and drive 
the diamond lane" they chuckled...
"Or scare kids on Halloween"


Well when I cleaned her up and
put a pretty dress on her I realized
This doll has got a little
more life left in her...
She looks pretty good for her age...
Don't you agree?

Happy Hunting!

15 comments:

RetroSandie said...

She is just beautiful!!! Wow-free, too!!! I had one growing up and I named her "Sherry". I would treat her just like a kid. The Ideals have such pretty faces, don't they???

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I think she is pretty! Her pretty dress is perfect on her!
I saw on the news what the gas prices are...WOW!!!Not good!
Glad you had some garage sales in the area.
Warmly,
deb

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Free is definitely a good price!! She looks good as new!

The Feathered Nest said...

I just LOVE her Diane!!! And free? What a wonderful day...and wonderful find ~ have a beautiful Sunday! hugs and love, Dawn

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I think she is beautiful and so glad she went home with you!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I think that doll is darling. She looks like my sister when she was a child. How sweet to get her free :) Wish we could have seen a before picture--I am thinking she looks a whole lot better now! :)

Nan said...

Oh your dolly is just beautiful, love the pink dress!

jeanetteann said...

Oh I so love her and the way you have dressed her. What a lovely find. It's nice when we can see past grunge.
x

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Real Playpal dolls are hard to find and costly. What a treasure. I have a friend who collects only Playpals. I do hope her awful outfit wasn't an original Playpal outfit. She looks very happy in her new home.

Margaret said...

She looks so relieved she was rescued by you :) She's a beauty!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

She really is adorable! What fun you're having!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a keeper!

craftyles said...

She looks great for her age. I love her new dress too. What a fun find and even better for free. Score!

Sandy Camarda said...

I'm glad you saw the beauty in her and adopted her :) She looks like my Daughter Emily.

Sandy xox

Karen S. B. said...

very very lucky on the Patti Playpal - a doll like her is worth lots!