Monday, November 5, 2012

This is where it all started...


So I thought I would share with you all
just how I got my inspiration for
these little "Vintage Inspired Snowmen"


It all began last Summer when I 
happened to come across these ..


One of my Saturday Garage Sale Stops
This sale happened to have a lot of crafty stuff..


Now mind you I got there a little late
the house next door was where the line for the
Estate sale was and I waited and I waited
finally got in but yikes the prices were too high


I managed to find a few smalls but
nothing to brag about

Yet right next door was a garage sale
and thats where I found these little treasures!


A few bags of Spun cotton balls
from Germany all 3 bags for $1

So that's when my creative juices got going
And when it was all said and done.....

I made these!
"Pinecone Snowmen"


Similar to the ones from yesteryears
Never know what's going to inspire us...
Happy Creating!

11 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Very fun vintage inspired snowmen!

acorn hollow said...

love them and that was a great find.
Cathy

My Vintage Mending said...

Diane, these are darling. I can only imagine how excited you were to find them.

Thank you for such a sweet gift in the mail....I cannot wait to make something with them...smiles...Renee

Blessed Serendipity said...

Diane these little snowmen are really cute. I have some vintage ones that remind me of these.

xo
Danielle

RetroSandie said...

That was a super find ... especially after the disappointment of the estate sale! Love your snowmen!!!
Hugs,
Sandie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

These are adorable. So creative and I love the vintage look!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

So cute!

Theresa said...

Love them:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

So adorable!!! I just love them!
Michelle

Creative Wings Boutique said...

how lucky...those are wonderful
hugs

Creative Breathing said...

Your garage sale find was lucky for us! I LOVE my little snowman! Have a lovely weekend! Elizabeth