Friday, February 1, 2013

Thats what Happened...

That is exactly what Happened..
Well let me explain myself...

You see I've been on a Treasure Hunt
of some sort, looking for a Dollhouse
I used to have one years ago and I sold it
that was way before we had grands
But now here again I find myself thinking
about a Dollhouse...

I've been checking Craigslist
and e-bay nothing within my budget...



So I've been putting out those thoughts...

I even just talked about it with my hubby just last night..
I told him how maybe I should pick-up
one of those Tin Houses the kind we
got at the Green Chip Stamp store
 when I was a young girl

So here we are Friday I had to go into the
the office for an Office Meeting
thats all good, even had some munchies
provided by the speaker...
Off to a good start..

But it's what happened after the Office Meeting


I thought heck how about a quick visit to
our Local Thrift... and then I'll head home

And thats when it happened..
There it stood PINK roof and all



Oh yes it's a bit of a fixer I know...

But friends when I saw the price tag $15
I just couldn't justify leaving it behind..


So I paid the clerk and the guys at the
back of the store loaded it in my car
and now the Fixer is Ours!

20 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Lucky you! You are going to have that fixer-upper looking as cute as can be in no time!


A friend at work went to buy a furnished doll house for $70. When she got there, the man decided to GIVE the house and all the 1970's furnishings to her!!! It's a blast from the past. :)

Nan said...

Oh this is sweet I can see you fixing it up so darling. Please keep us posted on what you do with it.

GardenofDaisies said...

Hw wonderful! You will have such fun decorating it! And I can't wait to see updates as you go along.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love it! I think I'm following right behind you...I hope any way! Didn't you get a big beautiful doll not long ago? I found one that I think is just like it and got it for my birthday. Now I need to find a doll house next! heehee! Enjoy your weekend! You're going to have FUN!

acorn hollow said...

A really great find for a really great price.
Cathy

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I can't wait to see it when you do your magic to it.

Cindy said...

Great find! I'm sure you'll do a great job fixing it up all cute!

Valarie Kraft said...

I can't wait to see its transformation! ! Xxoo

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

So happy for you! Don't you just love when the little things that you want seem to make a magical appearance in your life?
Have Fun! :)
Erica

RetroSandie said...

Oh Lucky, lucky duck!! And that pink roof is just ...awesome. So glad you found one, and what a bargain! I have no doubt that you will have that house looking fantastic in no time! Don't forget to show us pix along the way! I'm looking for a tin dollyhouse too. I know what you mean about the prices. I am determined to have one, though. I'm going back to my childhood because it was awesome there! LOL
Hugs, Sandie

Sandy said...

$15.00 !!!!! Diane, you are going to have a ball remodeling....:)

vivian said...

great find!! I can not wait to see what you do with it! I know it will be sweeter the sweet when you are done with it. we are all such little girls at heart arent we?
have a great weekend dear diane!
xoxo

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

TIMING!!!
It will be so much FUN to watch you make it into a darling little house!
ENJOY!
Warmly,
deb

Creative Breathing said...

Diane! This home has come to the perfect place to be fixed up! It already has the pink roof! It will such fun watching this project. Have a lovely weekend! E

suzeeez said...

It's a beauty and you got a super deal! I can't wait till you fix it up and it's so much fun hunting for miniatures and making some too !

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Happy fixing! ♥

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Diane,
Love your doll house!! I finally got my childhood dream of a Victorian
Doll House several years ago and it is my pride and joy. If you haven't already seen it, there is a link on my side bar to pics of it and the story of the 88 year old man who built it for me....

Hugs,
Debbie

Rosie said...

Lucky duck! Don't forget to post your "after" pics!
rosie

Margaret said...

Pink roof and everything! Just made for you! Congratulations! I've been looking for one myself! I hope there is one out there for me :) It looks in fine condition.
Maggie

Red Gate Farm said...

I'm thinking I like your fixer WAY more than the one I got... and yours has a pink roof... enough said :)

~Chris