Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Update On The Dollhouse

Well as much has I love PINK
the Pink roof had to go...


Keeping in mind a budget and little
grand-peeps 5 years old  and under...

We decided to skip on the individual shingles
and give it a faux shingle roof..




And for the chimney I wanted river rock
so we did a google search 
found the perfect image
and wrapped that around the chimney


Mr. Saturdayfinds added a little extra to the top
of the chimney to give it that final touch
I think it's looking good!
Hope to get the front door in the mail
in the next few days and then 
I'll purchase that missing window..
 this remodel is a breeze
nothing like a real house!
Hugs,

12 comments:

Theresa said...

Looking gorgeous:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Simply Shelley said...

Looking great.... :)

Blessings

Cindy said...

Looking good! Great job on that roof and chimney.

Beansieleigh said...

Love this, Diane! The chimney is perfect... And honestly, I'm wondering when I, myself, can come over to play with it! (0; Have a great day! ~tina

Dorothy said...

Your new roof and chimney turned out perfect! Love it,
Dorothy

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

The doll house is looking so good! It's so cute, I like the colors you've chosen! :) Have a great day! xo Holly

Jess said...

It is looking great!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really is coming along nicely! Have fun!

HollyC said...

What a clever idea to paint the roof shingles on. It looks great! And I love the chimney. Can't wait to see it when it is finished. Have a great night, Holly

Sandy C said...

OH how awesome that you got a doll house! It's such a fun project and you will be admiring the end results for years to come. I treasure my doll houses :)

Sandy xox

Elizabeth Andrus said...

Diane This is such a fun project to follow. Today I took out my Easter things, and there was your large sized peat pot basket. I had forgotten all about it. What a wonderful surprise. I just love it! E

GardenofDaisies said...

Love the changes you have made to the exterior! :-)