Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Pink Saturday In April

So here I sit in my home Studio
just thrilled to be on the mend!


(Vintage trims from last weekends jaunt)

I know it's been in the news worst cold/ flu season
in 5 years.... But really just when I thought I was feeling better
I get slammed again.. fever and cold ugh!



I had the worst sore throat....
I found myself kinda feeling sorry for myself...


(pink kitty Banners coming to my Shop)

And then my thoughts went to my Uncle John... the best Uncle a girl
could have... he's also my Godfather...
Well he's going through another round of Chemo..
making his throat so sore he can barely swallow..



Sure made my feeling sorry for myself
almost silly!


Kind of funny how we can so easily get self absorbed 
in ourselves and especially when were sick!

I'm feeling better with my cold/ virus
Now I'm just counting on my Uncle John
feeling better~

(rhinestone buttons from last weekend)

Life is Ever-changing....
And sometimes I'm not sure I like it!

13 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Diane
My prayers to you and uncle John!
xoxo Carly

Kim Campbell said...

Sending prayers to you and your Uncle. I love the pink kitty banners all the girls lined up on your shelves. Pretty!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Love these kitty banners Dianne! Sorry you were sick again. My daughter has strep throat. I hope we don't get it. Sending prayers to you and your dear uncle sweetie!

Hugs,
Debbie xo

GardenofDaisies said...

Perspective. Makes you look at yourself in a whole new way. Sorry that your Uncle John is having to fight this horrible disease. May you all find peace in whatever decision he makes.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Oh Diane,
SO sorry that you aren't feeling so good...
Very sorry about your uncle. I have only 1 uncle left...family is so important the older I get.
You take care of yourself and it's okay to have a little feeling sorry for yourself party!
I've done it too!
Warmly,
deb

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so sorry you've been so sick. It really does make you reevaluate your whole life when you feel better. I sure hope things work out for your Uncle, too. It's hard to get older...I know! Sweet hugs!

Cindy said...

My thoughts are with you and your uncle. Your banners are so pretty!
Take care, Cindy

Blessed Serendipity said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Sorry your uncle is under going chemo and is feeling sick too. Sending prayer your way.

xo Danielle

vintage grey said...

Sorry you have been sick and will be keeping your sweet uncle in my prayers!! Adorable kitty banners!! xo Heather

Theresa said...

Dear Diane, I pray that you heal completely and that your Uncle feels better really soon! BIG HUGS and prayers coming your way!

craftyles said...

Hoping you are on the mend and the same for Uncle John. Get better soon!

Patti said...

Lots of prayers for you and your uncle - and glad you are on the mend. Your banner pieces are purr-fect!

Jean Knee said...

Glad you are feeling better. I had that awful sore throat- I was sure it was strep and even went to the Dr. ....twice.....
I know