Friday, May 3, 2013

Flocking and Playing... some shares

This morning I got busy...
Little Kitty Cat Heads in need of some flocking...


Hubby was the one that suggested I add 
flocking to my Paper Posy Dolls..
and I must admit great suggestion
thanks Mr. Saturdayfinds


A bit of pink flocking added
to the ears


Gives each one a little extra love!


And makes for a sweet Kitty Cat Creation





And for the shopping part of this post..
these images are from a tattered
and very vintage book
I picked up at a yard sale....



"I Like the City"
A School Text from 1958



The cutest graphics....

I love Vintage Children's Books
And I also Love
Vintage Dessert Cook Books!


This doll looks just like
my Vogue Ginny Doll that I got
one Christmas



So Whimsical...

I think I'm going to give one of
these cakes a try this year!


Well I don't know about you but I'm looking forward
to some Fun and relaxation
this weekend... 


We just had those crazy fires and now we have
some very poor air quality
in fact the fire is still burning....


Great Air Quality... NOT!!
So indoor fun is going to be it!

Might have to get out of Dodge..
Unless the wind direction changes
it's only going to get worse!

Not so much Fun!

15 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The flocking sure adds something special! And I love your old book. I was 8 years old at that time! EEEE! That makes ME feel old! Hope the fires are out soon. What terrible thing to have so near. Take care!

A Vintage Chic said...

Hi Diane!

It's horrible to see this enormous fire in my old home town--so strange to hear yesterday of roads closing that I used to drive each and every day! Glad you're doing okay--hang in there!

Julie

vintage grey said...

Your kitties always bring a smile to my face!! Love those vintage cakes!! So neat!! We are about 10 minutes north of the fires in Glendale, so it will definitely be indoors this weekend for me, too! ;) xo Heather

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love all the sweet details on your little kitties!

I always wished for a Barbie birthday cake like the one you featured. :)

I hope the fires don't get any closer to you. I'll be inside tomorrow, too, because once again we have snow in the forecast. Enjoy your weekend!

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

Dianne,I love your little creations. The one I bought a while ago is sitting under a cloche I made in my sewing room. It's so pretty. The one you have the pic of with the flocked ears is so nice in the little lacy dress. I hope the fires subside soon,they are so scary so close to home. Take care. x

vivian said...

I cant imagine being so close to those fires and Im sure the air quality is not good. maybe a good weekend to get away...
or stay in.. and create the cutest kittens ever!
the flocking was the perfect touch.
be safe and have a lovely weekend my friend!
xoxo
vivian

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Love all those kitty heads! So cute!

Oh dear, we had fires last year so I know what that's like! :(

VintageBettys said...

Oh my....that is terrible...my Aunt Marie and 3 of my cousins houses burnt down in those Montana fires, it is a scarey thing. I really love your little kittens :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

The fires look TOO CLOSE !!! I hope your home will be fine!
The pink in the kitty ears do make them POP!
Take care!
Warmly,
deb

Patti said...

Oh those fires! I am glad you are safe and sound. I love your sweet kitties!

Dorothy Crutchfield said...

Those are your best kitties yet, adorable!
I can't even imagine fires like that so close to my home, take care and be safe!!
Dorothy

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Your kitties are darling! Love that cute little touch it gives too! :) Love the vintage cakes! Oh those fires look scary a little too close, be careful! :) xo Holly

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Wow, those fires are way too close! Hope they get them under control soon. I love the flocking on the kittens ears, too cute! Be safe!

Hugs,
Debbie

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your little kitties are absolutely adorable, Diane! And I remember looking at my mom's cake booklets when I was young...I was always enthralled my the colorful goodies! Brings back wonderful memories! Hope that smoke clears out soon! Thanks so much for stopping by!

GardenofDaisies said...

How cute to add some fuzzy flocking to the kitty ears. Love those fun vintage cakes. I hope you post a picture of the one you make. Fires and smoke in the air... not good at all. It is even more awful when we find out they were set on purpose.