Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Look What I Found

So this morning I was up and out 
of the house...
Promised to babysit a couple
of Grand-peeps..

Well on my way home I had to run
a couple errands and it just so
happened one place I had to go
was in the same little strip mall
of a Thrift Shop

Like all normal "Treasure Seekers"
I had to just pop in...
and there she was... sitting on a shelf waiting...

This Darling Vintage Pose-doll

a Beatnik!



Oh girls don't you just love her?
I think growing up if my memory is correct
I was a Beatnik for
Halloween one year! Can you imagine that!


Well I must say that was a good
quick "Thrift Shop Stop"...

8 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Cool, man.

She is fabulous! Don't you love finding those unexpected treasures? I've never seen anything like her.

Patti said...

Adorable! Love the birthmark on her cheek and the eyeliner! Reminds me of some of my mother's wild friends!

ImagiMeri said...

Very cool, I always wanted one of those pose able dolls growing up, but I like the real frilly girly ones. She's awfully cool and looks like she's in mint condition.

Hugs,
Meri

vivian said...

another great find! Ive never seen one before.
such fun!
xoxo
viv

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

This makes me chuckle... as a youngster in the 60's (really, born in '64) my mom wouldn't let us around anything like this! Or "hippies" either... I think I missed out on some fun ;)

~Chris

Laurie said...

Love her! How lucky! :)

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

Don't you just love it when you make a quick stop at a thrift store or yard sale and find something really great? Treasure hunting is so much fun! Thanks for popping in for a visit today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Rosie said...

Just followed a thread back to this post...Your beatnik is FABULOUS! I've only seen pose dolls in asian style or southern belles. Yours is FANTASTIC!Would make a great halloween addition to display.
love
rosie