Thursday, September 12, 2013

Crafting Is Great Medicine

Well Now that I can actually sit in a chair
for a length of time,
and stand without having any tinges
of pain...
I figured the best medicine would be to
get back to creating...


So after I've hand-dyed these bottle brush trees
I decided to add that extra MAGIC


The mica snow, this is the technique I've
come up with works best for me..

1) Take some regular white glue and dilute
it with some water


2) Once it's mixed then apply a thin coat
to your tree...

3) And then take a pinch of Mica and
let the snow fall...


Very simple and it sure adds that extra 
Holiday Magic..


I also had a request in my Etsy Shop
for a Custom order..

Miss Ivy's Sweet Sixteen
Birthday Kitty Keepsake


You know what all this crafting has been some 
of the best medicine so far....

Thanks for all your well wishes..
It sure makes me feel special ox ox

16 comments:

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such sweet little trees!! Love the color too! Happy Birthday (month!!) Have a lovely day! xo Holly

Heidi Ann said...

Your creations are always so lovely, Diane - and I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better!

Beatriz Fernández said...

De todo corazon espero estes mejor!! Hace lo que a una le gusta es la mejor medicina, sigue adelante. Tus arboles son preciosos!!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Seeing your trees makes me feel happy! ♥

Cindy said...

The trees are so pretty! It almost gets me in the Christmas crafting mood:) I agree that crafting is very good medicine. When I'm stressed or anxious I can usually find peace by crafting or gardening. (I'm so glad you are healing up OK.)

HollyC said...

Beautiful trees! And thanks for sharing how your glitz them up! The kitty is so sweet. Crafting is medicine for the soul! Blessings, Holly

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling well enough to craft. I keep you in my prayers, sweet friend!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Pretty pink trees! Very sweet 16th birthday kitty!
Happy to hear you are crafting :)
Continue to heal and feel better!
Warmly,
deb

Sandy McClay said...

Diane,
Hi! I am glad to see you posting...and those pink trees are wonderful!!! And what a cute 16th BD kitty!!!!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Sandy

Theresa said...

OH so beautiful! Have a blessed weekend dear friend! HUGS!

Melanie said...

Love the trees! Glad you are feeling a little better. Crafting is good medicine!!

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Diane!
Cute cute cute cute cute... sugary and wonderful. You know I love your work! Glad you're feeling better. Uuggh... my back is not a fun subject to discuss so I FEEL your pain.
Keep on keeping on... as they say!
Cheers,
Holly

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Dianne,

Glad to hear you are feeling good enough to craft. It sure does make us feel better. Love your pretty pink trees, and the little BD girl is sweet. I lov mine! Hope you had a nice BD!

Hugs,
Debbie

Jean Knee said...

It's so great to see you back crafting!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Oh I love those little pink trees with their magic on them

rita rooney said...

stunning pink trees,x