Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Re-do Vintage Christmas Putz Houses

Since the prices of these little charmers
have skyrocketed over the years..


And they seem to be harder & harder to find
at my local Estate Sales...


I've started to buy fixer-uppers...
yeah kinda pathetic...


But really if you add a little Vintage Charm
to these little mini wonders, they get a second
life... and really become rather charming...


I know what your saying and I do agree
"It would be nice to find an original
in all it's glory".. 
but until then
I will transform these little "toss offs"
and bring them back to life!



Hey isn't that what the Holidays
are all about....memories of the old
forgotten..

Happy Glitter Days


9 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love these sweet little houses but I think I've only found 1. I did find some really smashed trees and I'm wondering if I can revive them! lol I'm following you on pinterest. I love everything you make! Hugs!

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

I love what you do with your fixer uppers!
Chris

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Cute and fun fixer uppers, Diane!! And you shouldn't have any complications with hurting your back or anything like that. ;)

I wish I could clearly remember what my childhood putz houses looked like (Before they were stolen.) All I remember is that there was some sort of cellophane on the windows and that they were ripped. I do remember loving them, though!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I couldn't click fast enough! lol
I love Putz Houses sooo much! And the thing is, I don't think that you really can find original ones "in all their glory", in mint condition. They seem to all be a little beat up. Which is totally fine by me! I love flipping them too. Boy it's fun!
Very cute post Diane.
Hope you're feeling well these days!
Erica :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

So cute! You are the Queen of Putz-House-Flippers. :-)

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those little houses are so adorable. Bringing sometime old back to life is a great Christmas thing to do--I have happy memories of the decorations my parents had when I was a child.

Mimi Sue said...

Love the little Putz's! I found 6 of them at a thrift store a few years ago for fifty cents each. They did need a little remodeling but I love them so much. Mimi

harriette said...

Love the putz houses and love the fixer uppers! Im anxious to go hunting for some now ;) thanks for the inspiration!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

They are pretty scarce these days. I haven't seen any at estate sales or antique shops this year. Even Walmart isn't selling the cute white churches they've had the past 2 years. Keep reviving the ones you find, Diane! They look adorable with your pink and turquoise trees!