Sunday, January 26, 2014

Nothing is finer then Memories

If you've been checking in on my last couple
of Blog Posts then you know I'm on a mission
of some sort to find clothes for my Vintage Tammy Dolls


This hand-made Summer Outfit is my latest find.
Isn't this darling?
A bathing Suit and Matching Cover-up
And to top it off it's handmade!

When I was a young girl our Mom made us girls
a cover up just like this one
except ours had matching shorts~

So this doll outfit sure brought back 
some very fond memories

Now I'm gonna have to find a photo
of us girls wearing ours!


Hubs and I were very busy last weekend..
It was a Valentine Theme Sleepover


And 5 of our 8 Grands
had a Grand time at Grandma & Grandpas
House!


We Played Games... a first for all of them
was"Twister"


They stayed busy working on
Valentine Crafts!
While nibbling on Valentine Sweets!


And then we laid out all the
sleeping bags and pillows
on the living room floor..

Turned on a Movie...


And around midnight the last grand-peep
 fell sound asleep...

In the morning hubby made
them all a yummy pancake breakfast..
with home-made maple syrup...

We made "Memories"

18 comments:

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

awwwh,that is all so sweet I had a tear in my eye. Lovely memories they will never forget x

acorn hollow said...

Love your tammy dolls. 8 grand babies lucky you I have one how much fun did they have it looks great memories were made.
Cathy

Musings from Kim K. said...

What fun grandparents you are. Darling pics. Keep on collecting Tammy outfits!

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

What a wonderful way to spend a night! Seeing them all in their sleeping bags makes me think of my kids staying with their cousins at my parents... all lined up on the living room floor! What a great way to be grandparents!
~Chris

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

That suit and matching cover up are so cute!! Twister is always fun, and your Valentine nibbles look yummy too!! Happy new week! xo Holly

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love making memories--your Grandchildren are adorable--what fun!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Twister! What exhausting yet happy memories you're making!

Love the dotty outfit! ♥

Curtains in My Tree said...

How darn sweet. I ask my daughter just last Saturday when can Mason my littlest grandson age 3 spend the night at Grandma's house? I got no answer.LOL
I loved the look of the table where the kids had all those treasures to use for creating valentines

xoxo Grandma Jan
thats what i'm called LOL

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Making new memories. But I love your Tammy doll, I still have mine, Ted,Pepper, Mom and Dad too!

Laurie said...

That does sound like a fun weekend! I would love to try sewing doll clothes if I had the time! :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your vintage doll clothing is adorable, Diane! And what a fun party for you and your sweet grandchildren! I can't wait until ours are old enough to all stay at our house at one time. Those are the best memories to make. :)

Margaret said...

That looks so fun I wish I was young enough to be one of your grands! How fun! They will remember special times like that forever! Love the bathing suit and cover up. I think those were always so nice. Perhaps we need a little more "cover ups" these days on the beach for our young people! ;)

Jane said...

What wonderful memories your grandchildren will have - such fun!!! Love the doll clothes too!

Blondie's Journal said...

It looks like the sleepover was a big hit! Diane...you do not look old enough to have grands!! I love that little vintage doll and I remember those cover ups! :)

XO,
Jane

harriette said...

What fun night! How lucky for them and you!! Good luck with Tammy finds :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh how wonderful it must be to have 8 grands!! I'm looking forward to number 1 in just a couple more months.

Jean Knee said...

Looks like you and the wee ones are having a blast.

Protector of Vintage said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!

I'm on the hunt for clothes, too, now that I have a Tammy doll!!

Take care~