Sunday, July 27, 2014

Summers winding Down

I'm slowly getting back to crafting
in my Studio..


I figured maybe a good place to start would be 
to create some Halloween Goodies
Sure is funny once I had to pack up everything and I mean
everything... it's been slow to get my creative juices flowing


Maybe it's been the heat?  We've sure had some hot days
and I'm really not a fan of the heat..
This time of year all the neighbors peach trees
start to bear ripe fruit..
and I've picked to my hearts content!


And then the fresh flowers everywhere
a little bit of this and a little bit of that...
have filled the vases in my home


I did manage to get outside real early one
morning and plant some new flowers in the front


and with much attention to watering
they are doing pretty well
in spite of this terrible heat wave!


And the best was a visit from my Mom!
we spent some really fun days and nights together
I had to share her with other siblings
but that just meant we would all get together


Fun was had by all...


Hope your Summer has been filled
with excitement
Never a dull moment at our place!


Big California Hugs & Kisses
Love,

11 comments:

Margaret said...

So nice to see a post from you! Your mom and you and tge family are beautiful! Glad you are enjoying your summer. Flowers are lovely too😊

Blondie's Journal said...

Good to see you getting creative AND enjoying some family time in spite of the heat you are having. Your planted flowers are so pretty! We haven't had high temps and we've actually gotten more rain than ever but the humidity is terrible. I won't complain, it's rarely perfect!

Jane xx

Musings from Kim K. said...

So happy to see you blogging too. Darling pics of your mom. I'm not ready for summer to end but I've had some Halloween crafting swirling around in my brain.

Laurie Duncan said...

I agree with you on the heat, makes me long for fall. Can't wait to see what you've created, looks like it's going to be adorable! :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your new work space all decorated with your vintage goodies, Diane! I find that hot weather is the best time to haul out all my supplies and get creative.

It looks like you and your family had a wonderful time together and you are looking fabulous, by the way!! I hope you're feeling as good as you look.

xo, vickie

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

The birds are quiet in the morning now so that always turns my thoughts to fall crafting, too!

I'm slowly recovering from my teen drama but it looks like I now have an empty nest!

How wonderful to still have your mom. ♥

Rosie said...

I know what you mean about sharing Mom with your sisters! ;) Cherish every moment you can get with her. Glad you can find time for holiday crafting. Wish I could! :)
love
rosie

Blessed Serendipity said...

I went to the craft store yesterday and saw halloween. I thought good grief- already? I'm not ready for summer to end but maybe some halloween/fall crafting will cool things off a bit. Cute pics of you and family.

xo Danielle

vivian said...

YOur mom is so pretty.. as are you! nice that you got to spend some time together.
my mom lives in florida and I only see her about once a year for a day or two. in fact none of my family lives anywhere around me!
Ive been thinking about working on some halloween things too.. but I have a ton of bear orders to get through first..... soon though!
have a great week Diane!
xoxo
vivian

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love the photos of you and your Mom! All you girls are so pretty!
Weather here is either, hot & humid, rain or like today, perfect!
It's time to think and get crafting for Halloween! I want summer to last for awhile. The wedding is 7 weeks away!
warmly,
deb

Art and Sand said...

How fun for your mother to have all of her girls together.