Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Latest Saturdayfinds

The past couple of Weekends I have
been working at local Estate Sales..
My sister has a company that Runs these 
kinda sales we all love so dearly...


I arrive at 7:30 A.M. doors open at 8:00
it gives me just enough time to run around
quickly and grab a few goodies I want!

And that exactly how this Vintage Dolly made
it home with me.. when I purchased her she was
in the golden Yellow dress very cute indeed!
But I also picked up some Vintage doll clothes
and in there I found the Printed dress with the
sweet crochet trim collar...


I think she looks much happier in her new dress!

Now these 3 re-production Barbie dolls
have a story of there own..
I purchased these from a seller on Craigs list

"Sue" the seller listed them has vintage 1958...
well after agreeing to the rather high shipping cost
the package arrived...

Sure the dolls all3 have 1958 on the back of their heads
but no where is any other stamp and the plastic
is not anything close to my vintage Barbies...


and in removing some clothing
there in Black & white


Now the seller is a sweetie and I will get a refund
and I'm sure someone would love these girls so
they are going to be looking for a new home..

It's just not what I was looking for...
buyer beware....


Here is a photo of some of the Vintage Doll clothes
I picked up at the Estate Sale I was working..

And this Ceramic children's dish set
"PINK ELEPHANTS"
now just how stinkin cute!



Oh and once I got it home and started to wash
it I noticed something 
in the bottom of the mug...


Kinda creepy....
a tiny ceramic tree frog is attached 
to the bottom of the mug..
I've never seen anything like this before!

Well this week Friday and Saturday I'll be working
at another estate sale I wonder what 
kind of treasures will find their way
home with me....
Hope you find some Vintage Treasures too!

oxox,

11 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I've been loving all your sneak peeks on Instagram. What fun to have a sister who runs an estate sale company. I have a terrible weakness for dolls and doll clothes. I'm glad you rescued that sweet doll. Have fun picking this weekend! I hope you find lots of treasures.

acorn hollow said...

I have see the frog at the bottom of the cup before. Drink all of your milk and see the frog. good finds and great you will get refunded for the dolls.
Cathy

Cindy said...

Too bad about the Barbie. But you did find a cute baby doll and clothes!

Jane said...

That's interesting about the Barbies - wonder if the Seller really knew?
Cute finds! I think lots of little children's sets had a picture at the bottom of the cup to encourage them to drink all their milk, but the ceramic frog is kind of different. I might not want to drink my milk if I thought there'd be a frog at the bottom :)

Laurie Duncan said...

What fun, I used to work estate sales too! It's not a bad job, I you can learn a lot about how things work! Sorry about the Barbies, those repros are so close! :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You lucky girl! I need a sister who runs estate sales! Your doll is as sweet as can be in her pretty new dress. I have many of the same old doll clothes. Small world! I hope you find some goodies at the next sale, too.

Vickie

vivian said...

too bad about those barbies! but they are cute. I wish there were more estates sales around here, but there just doesnt seem to be many. Im thinking about going out to do some treasure hunting this morning.. wish me luck!
happy sunday
xoxo
vivian

Dorothy Crutchfield said...

I'm glad the vintage dolly made it home with you, she found the perfect home! She's lovely, happy hunting!
Dorothy

Elyse said...

hi diane,

i've loved barbies my entire life. my sisters are eight and twelve years older than me and left theirs behind when they moved out and i was still young. i have them all and was collecting repros for a while but just ran out of space.

playing bloggy catch-up tonight! fun to stop by your always delightful spot!

xo
elyse

Sally Annie Magundy said...

I never knew they made reproductions of the early Barbie's! Wow! My mom saved mine, so I have my own still from the early 60's - I wasn't a gentle caretaker, they look kind of sad LOL.

Corey Moortgat said...

What a sweet doll you found- I would have picked her up, too! And all the vintage doll clothes- love!