Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Another Dollhouse Came Home with me Today

This is the way it happened...

Monday late afternoon very close to closing
I stopped into my local Salvation ArmyThrift ..
Really I was on my way to Smart and Final..
the Grocery it's right next door.
But first I needed a little Thrift Shop Therapy...
And it was "Everything 25% off"
I found a few things a couple of cups from Pier 1
a beautiful blouse a bathing Suit Cover-up
and there perched  way up high
sat this dollhouse...
I did look at it I must admit but 
I talked myself out of it..
And I left..


Then Monday night every so often I would be 
reminded of that Dollhouse...
I just didn't stop thinking about it!

Tuesday rolls around I wake up still thinking about
the Dollhouse only problem  
I'm committed for 9:00 Up-desk at work
and the Thrift doesn't open until 9:00
So again I convince myself I don't need it!
and I get to the Office 9 to noon!


There was no way I could leave early...
so and hour goes by now its just a few minutes after 10
I decide to call.. girl answers "Salvation Army" she says
And I start out with ... "I was there yesterday close to 
closing and you had a Dollhouse do you still have it?"
Silence.... she returns to the phone "No it's gone"



I'm not sure if it was the way she just kind of was dead silent for awhile
or what ... but I got this strange gut feeling she didn't even look ...
Or for all intent she really had not noticed it being that it was perched so high!

So I called back this time I asked to speak to the manager...


"Hello this is Joe" I heard him say and I began to tell him how
I had been there yesterday and had seen a dollhouse and it was
on top of a china hutch... and did they still have it I asked?
His response was "YES"
"I told him I would get over there" and he said
"I'll put a HOLD on it"


So I got through work and headed straight there...
There it was .... I was once again hesitant to purchase it
You see I've never seen one like this before 
not sure when it was made 
a lady in the Thrift Shop thought
maybe the 60's?

So asking price $35 and today Sr. Discount ...which is  15%
I asked Joe the Manager if he would go any lower..

He responded $25 and then my Sr. Discount
So $21.25 and it would be mine..

I took some pictures posted it on Instagram
and asked "What do you think $35????
I started getting responses all positive
"Go for it" "Great Price great detail"
So with the help of my Instagram buddies..
I bought it!!


Now thats only Dollhouse #2 you see
I't would be #3 but I sold #2 to my neighbor
 and she is thrilled
and Dollhouse #1 Sits in my Living Room
and it's totally Grand-peep friendly


So I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this house?
Or where I'm going to put it!

Any info on the maker of the 
house leave me a comment..

I found it!



The Hartfield Cottage
  • Remarkably Realistic Details
  • Assembles in 15 Minutes or Less
  • Wooden Construction
  • Sturdy and Durable, Seven Rooms on Three Floors
Made in USA
Dimensions:
31"w x 15"d x 31"h


10 comments:

vivian said...

wow! I love it! what a great find. Ive never seen one like that either. Youre going to have fun collecting furniture and setting this one up for sure! I want to come play!
have a great day
xoxo
ps.. I cant believe you get a senior discount.. you look about 30 years old!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I think it is fabulous, and a great deal! Where you'll put it? That always seems to work out somehow, lol.

Jean Knee said...

Awesome deal. You're gonna have fun with it. Guess what? I've been inspired by your doll houses so I bought a kit. It's a shabby chic travel trailer. I hope I can put it all together okay, the instructions are in Chinese .

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What a fabulous new doll house!! It's so very cute! And I think that price was really great!! Can't wait to see you decorate it all cute! :) Have a lovely week!! xo Holly

Beth said...

I love it, I would have bought it. I am working on redoing my $20 doll house now. Yours already comes decorated now you can just get on with finding cute furniture.

Patti said...

Yippee for you! It is so cute! I love the wood floors! It would be cute with the little bear family inside. It's kind of woodsy!

Laurie Duncan said...

Cool! I've never seen one like it either! Have fun decorating it! :)

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so happy that you were able to rescue it. It needed to come home with you!! Does it have any manufacturer markings on it? The dollhouse addict in me wants to find out some history for you. Have fun playing!!

Corey Moortgat said...

Well, the minute I read that you found a dollhouse, I had to hop on over! Yes, what a unique one! I've never seen one like that- does it have any sort of writing anywhere, so that you could research it? I love all the printed details inside.

You asked about my two- there was probably a 6 month gap between both of them, but still so strange to find two of the same!!

Corey Moortgat said...

I was just browsing through Ebay, and look what I came across!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reprint-Mint-Hartfield-Cottage-Wooden-Dollhouse-Collapsible-/181789560647?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a53808f47
I see you already have the manufacturer's info, but just thought you may be interested to see another one just like yours!