Sunday, May 24, 2015

Time In The Studio



I must say I really felt kinda lost when I started
working on a Custom Order for my Etsy Shop..


Once I got started I felt more and more comfortable
being back in my Studio Creating!


I've been busy with a couple of clients 
helping them find their First Home

No complaints I welcome the business and one couple
is looking in the Ventura California Area...
This is how it looked yesterday!


Not a Bad Place to work..


Small Beach Cottages with the charm of the 1920's
Vintage Hardware on the Front Doors

This Gingerbread Cottage was on top of a Hill
with killer Ocean Views!


Original Doorknobs throughout one 
1929 Stucco Beach House!


and then once I return to my 
California Ranch style 1970's Home.... in the burbs


I'm thankful for all the changes
hubby and I have made 
(my new dining set getting use to it.. going to have to 
stain my hutch  so they blend better)

When we bought our place mind you the color motif was
 yellow floral wallpaper  & plush green shag carpet!
green tile counter tops
We've been doing all the work ourselves.. 


right down to the door knobs!


And to be honest there is still more to do..
It's funny when your out looking at houses it gives
you a whole different perspective on what needs
to be done to bring you the best price for your home!


The good news we aren't selling!


So we will just keep making the changes
 and keep calling this "Home"

I love my 
"New" Thrift Store find..
"DREAM BIG"


7 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Lots of great changes! I've missed you! :)

Jane x

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love the old vintage hardware!! How fun for you to show those awesome cottage homes.
Darling banner.
warmly,
deb

acorn hollow said...

your home is lovely. We built our house 27 years ago so we have spent the last couple of years replacing. Roof furnace etc.
and we are tossing around selling it is a large house for 2 people.
not sure if we can part with it.
Cathy

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

You make such cute little pendants!

I've just started making yo yo dolls again and it took me a bit to get back in the flow.

We have the same type of door knobs as you and I've torn a couple blouses on them and almost torn a few others! I'm so clumsy! :)

Musings from Kim K. said...

I've been really enjoying seeing all your posts on IG. Keep on crafting, playing, decorating and taking us along!

Laurie Duncan said...

Oh, that cottage home looks amazing, would love to see it in person. Your home looks beautiful too! :)

Linda said...

Your photos are lovely, and I love the vintage finds!!!