Sunday, December 6, 2015

Little Bits of Christmas Around Here

One of my Favorite Toppers
is this Vintage Shiny Brite
Not only is the Topper itself beautiful but
The original Box is just has beautiful!


I picked up this Vintage Kurt Adler Ornament
"The Queen of Christmas"
Not sure if that is her actual name but that's
what I am calling her!
And the larger putz house is a newer one that 
I purchased at Joann's Fabrics this
Holiday Season~


This is a few of my Favorite larger Vintage Putz Houses and 
Vintage Bottlebrush Trees~


We've been working on decorating our
Christmas Tree..


I took a picture of it last night it still has a 
few bare spots and I need to add the tree topper!


The thing is we have had our "Puppy Dog Charlie"
that has been a part of our life for 16 years
getting sicker and sicker by the day..
and we had to make the very hard decision to 
but him down the other day....
I'm at a loss for words...



14 comments:

Laurie Duncan said...

So sorry to hear about your dog passing xoxo :( We lost a cat of ours right before Christmas and it was so hard.
Love your pretty tree and decorations though.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Your finds are so cute, especially the putz houses. I'm so sorry to read about your sweet dog. Our last dog was 15 when we had to make that decision. So difficult when we love them so and they are family to us.

Take Care, Pam

Rhonda said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Charlie. He looks like he was well loved!

Patti said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It is a hard time, I know. Our pets truly are a part of our family. I still miss my McKenzie. Your tree is beautiful!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

A very hard decision to let your puppy go...so sorry :(
Your tree is so colorful & happy! Enjoy this season of Hope.
warmly,
deb

Margaret said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is never easy but take comfort knowing you were a good parent to him in those 16 years and he lived a good life. Your decorating is incredible and I LOVE that tree topper. Sending you extra hugs today.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your tree looks lovely, as do your very special creations, Diane. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear puppy and I hope it gets easier in days to come.

xo, Vickie

Elizabeth Andrus said...

Hi Diane, I've come to wish you a Merry Christmas and find that this year is a bittersweet one for you. I'm so sorry about your pup. Thinking of you this time of year, E

Jean Knee said...

Oh Diane I'm so sorry about your sweet puppy.
I know you'll feel his spirit still with you this Christmas

Curtains in My Tree said...

Oh my heart aches for your loss of Charlie to his old age life.
I love dogs and I cry when any of my friends dogs dies.
My little Sissy a pug died 6 years ago from cancer and I can look at her picture and cry today (since I have adopted a cat) who loves me

Your tree ans beautiful also your tree topper and I always like the little house and I have a couple larger houses also

lala said...

I am so very sorry to read about the loss of your beloved sweet puppy dog Charlie. They take a piece of our hearts with them when they leave us.

Elyse said...

hey sweetie,

so sorry to hear about PDC. :( i hope the queen of christmas adds some happiness to your surroundings.

xo

pat griffith said...

I love everything <3

TiffanyJane said...

So sorry about your sweet pup Charlie.....I know that heartbreak to well myself.
.....love your Christmas decor :)
Tiffany
x