Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Catching up with my Blog friends~

If you've been following me then you know
I live in Southern California
and even though the Calendar says it's Fall...


With the temps hitting tripe digits it's almost
impossible to do any Fall planting or decorating outside
And I really want to get a jump on my Holiday Creating
this year in spite of the crazy heat..


I start by pulling out all the traditional Holiday
craft goodies...

And some of my recent Thrift Store Finds
like this sweet vintage angel bell she was almost perfect
except for a chip on one of her wings..


So I gave her a "New" set of wings!


I found this sleigh it too was not perfect
but once I embellish it it's gonna be perfect!
I still have a pit more tweaking and I need to fill it!


Oh and can you imagine I walked into my local
Salvation Army Thrift 
and there he was good old 
Vintage Santa with a price tag of $3.99


The gumballl machine he's leaning on was also
a Thrift Store find and I have plans of making it
a Christmas Snow Globe!


Now these two I just have been putting the finishing touches on today
Kitschy Kittens Trimming their Tree..

I do have my Halloween stuff out and I'm starting to decorate
I'll share some of that with you in my next post

Thanks for stopping by...


11 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Love everything! Hang in there with the heat - it will get cooler soon.

Carol Z said...

Love your kittens! Thanks so much for visiting Buttercupland. Hope you'll visit often. I'll be back to see all your Christmas creations.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Last week we had rain most days, this week nicer with sun and wind! I think I will be putting up my little halloween later this weekend. You make the cutest things. Keep cool!
deb

Curtains in My Tree said...


I so enjoy seeing all your finds and what you do with them. The kittens are adorable standing on the spools

Bohemian said...

They are so Cute and Bravo for getting a jump on the Holiday Decorating in spite of the heat... living in the Arizona Desert I totally understand how it can make it seem like Summer just won't end. *winks* Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So adorable...you are making me get in the mood for Christmas!

vivian said...

love your little tree decorating kittens! one day you will have to use siamese kittens! It has cooled down here, especially at night. It seems our calender and weather man are in sync for a change! lol!
Have a great thursday!
xoxo
vivian

Connie said...

The Salvation Army Thrift Store is the perfect place to find a Vintage Santa. You should put a bell in his hand and a little tripod pot beside him :) I love your idea to make a snow globe out of your gumball machine. I have one that I've filled with vintage watches and watch parts. I love your little kitten ornaments, you are so talented, so much detail.
Have a great week.
Connie :)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Sweet finds and your Christmas kittens are amazingly cute & creative!

craftyles said...

Your little Christmas kitties are adorable. Have fun with fall decorating!

Patti said...

Everything is so cute. I am looking forward to seeing your gum machine snowglobe. I've been thinking of the same thing. (smiley face).